Sleep has never been more important than it is today. The world is changing fast, and many live fast lifestyles that can negatively affect people’s health. As expected, an unbalanced diet, fast lifestyle, and stressful days are common triggers for poor sleep.
When you get tired and overwhelmed by identical days, you pack and got for a vacation. However, the thing with vacations is that sleep is not guaranteed.
So, to help people be healthier, sleep more, and be happier, hotels and other objects started offering sleep vacation.
Basically, for regular rest, you got on vacation, but for a good sleep, you must go on a sleep vacation. Read on to see what a sleep vacation is and what the benefits are.
People love vacations for various reasons.
Some love to visit various historical sites, others can’t get enough of food, while some love to immerse every moment into nature or simply to spend hours on the beach.
There is a significant number of people who simply love vacations because they can get enough sleep. Yes, for some, going on vacation is all about getting a long sleep.
Basically, this idea – not going to work so you can get enough sleep, has turned into a business for some. Sleep vacation is now a thing, and people love them!
Truth be told, more than 70 percent of people use at least one vacation day from work a year to catch up on sleep.
On top of that, around 40 percent take five or more days away from work to get enough sleep. Does sleep vacation really work?
What Is Sleep Vacation?
Sleep vacations are on the rise as more and more people are in need of a night of good sleep. Or many nights, in this case. The truth is that you can choose from various hotels and boutique hotels’ sleep packages.
These packages are specially designed to help you rest and provide much-needed sleep. However, sleep vacation doesn’t mean that you should spend your entire vacation sleeping.
This type of vacation means that it would be better to use this time as a chance to get in the habit of getting the recommended seven to nine hours of sleep. Moreover, this time can help you get back into a healthy routine.
Americans are facing a huge problem of sleep deprivation. This rising issue is even common in teenagers. Simply said, Americans don’t get enough sleep, and that’s a fact.
As you know already, poor sleep leads to poor job performance and a lack of productivity in every area. That’s why sleep vacations ar eon the rise – people need their sleep back.
Would You Pay For Good Sleep?
Like everything else, getting a good night’s sleep will cost you.
Sleep packages are specially designed to keep you calm and well-rested. Objects with sleeping programs are located across the country, and they may vary in content and prices.
Still, packages mostly include:
- Triple pane windows
- Blackout curtains
- Pillow menu
- On-demand meditation
- On-demand hypnotherapy
- An eye mask
- Nose strips
Again, packages can range, but the standard package usually includes accommodation, up to three meals per day, and roundtrip welfares. Some objects might offer wellness consultations as well.
Still, if you are not sure how you should organize your sleep vacation, and what you get to do there, thinking about sleep routine could be a good starting point.
Sleep routine is one of the best things that you can do for your health.
Having a routine in life means that you know and understand both your physical and mental needs. Moreover, it means that you are acknowledging the importance of sleep.
If you already have a strong sleep routine, you know how much time you invested in getting to that level where you at now. If you are just thinking about creating a sleep routine, there are some things that you know.
First of all, if you have any of the physical problems, such as restless leg syndrome, nocturia, or sleep apnea, you should know that your sleep routine should go around your body needs and your physical and mental state.
Simply, if you have any trouble, you should be careful and respect your condition and not be aggressive toward it.
Creating Sleep Routine
A routine always starts with a single step. Healthy sleep habits are built; they aren’t just given.
People can easily forget that they need a good sleep night when the busy schedule kicks in. So, getting back to sleep routine can be tricky. However, if you know where and how to start, it can actually be easy. Here is how to build a strong sleep routine.
- Stick to your sleep schedule. Wake up at the same time and go to sleep at the same time. Even on weekends. This way, you will help regulate your body’s clock.
- Practice a bedtime ritual. A simple and relaxing routine just before bedtime away from the bright lights can separate your sleep from activities that make you feel tired and exhausted. You can take a long bath, read a book while drinking tea that will promote sleep, or you can do light exercises such as yoga.
- Avoid naps. In general, naps are a great thing if you don’t have sleep problems. However, if you know that a nap, or any day time sleep, can create you a mess, you should avoid it. Otherwise, a nap is a great practice, especially if you have to work at night.
- Create the right sleeping environment. Having a TV set or laptop in your bedroom may sound appealing, but in reality, it can create additional problems. The screening will disturb your sleep and trick your brain that its a day time and that you should be awake. Think about your melatonin when organizing your bedroom. Have the right bedroom temperature and know how much sleep do you need based on your age.
- Avoid the night cup. It may be tricky not to have a good drink before you go to bed, but the truth is that with a night cup, you can make a huge mess in your organism. The same goes for cigarettes and caffeine, and even spicy food. Anything that can easily disturb your stomach before bedtime should be avoided.
- Go to bed only when you are tired. If you are not tired or sleepy, you should avoid going to bed. If you can’t sleep, go into another room and do something relaxing until you feel tired. This way, you will strengthen the association between bed and sleep.
If you are still having trouble sleeping, don’t hesitate to speak with your doctor or to find a sleep professional. You can try to use sleeping apps and track your sleeping habits.
This way, you will evaluate common issues or patterns you may see with your sleep or even your sleeping habits.
But… Is Sleep Vacatio Good Choice For You?
This is something that entirely depends on you.
If your current environment is not sleep-friendly, maybe it’s time for you to try another approach? Do your research and explore sleep vacation offers.
Choose the one that can fit the best on your mental and physical health. Also, mind the financial side.
Create a budget and stick to it.
You don’t want to work all the time after your sleep vacation to pay for your vacation. No one wins here, and you will return to your old habits in no time.
If you know that you will get enough sleep on a regular vacation, then you should continue with that practicer. If it gives results, you should stick to it.
Frequently Asked Questions About Sleep and Vacation
1. Why Am I Sleeping So Much On Vacation?
This is a common occurrence in many. First couple days of vacation you can expect to spend ion bed, sleeping more than usual. This is nothing to worry about because your body is in a catch-up phase.
2. Why Does Vacation Make You Tired?
Vacations are designed to help you relax and rest. When you jump into the work to soon, or if the vacation is too short, you can expect to experience some stress.
All in, it can make you feel frazzled and exhausted after vacation.
3. Can Sleep Disorders Be Cured?
People can easily be caught into the trap of reaching up for a pill for any problem. However, pills aren’t always the best option.
Moreover, sleep medication won’t cure the problem or even address the underlying symptoms, but sometimes it can even make the problems worse.
So, always talk with your doctor first and fo from there.
Your doctor will prescribe you the most relevant therapy created for you.
4. How Do I Not Get Tired While Traveling?
This might sound unusual, but – just breath. Make sure that you know your vacation plans, and that you know what to expect.
Mind your diet, stay hydrated, and prioritize your hygiene.
If you feel like you need more sleep than sleep, but don’t oversleep. Think about incorporating naps into your vacation time and walk a lot.
5. How Do I Relax After A Long Journey?
Don’t forget your routine after vacation. Schedule your downtime, disconnect, and take a warm bath or shower.
To this, you can add any activity that can really help you better and fresh.